Check It Out
Here are some of the nontraditional library materials we have available for checkout.
APL offers two Family/Grandparent passes to the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art in Indianapolis. The pass provides free admission for up to four adults and their children/grandchildren aged 17 and under, free parking in White River State Park garage during regular museum hours, a 15% discount on purchases at the Eiteljorg Museum Store, and a 10% discount at the museum café. The pass can be checked out for three days by an adult APL cardholder but cannot be renewed or placed on hold. For a complete, up-to-date list of museum exhibits and events, visit eiteljorg.org.
APL offers two 1-day family passes to the Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center part of the Indiana Historical Society. The pass provides free admission for two adults and four children. The pass can be checked out for three days by an adult APL cardholder but cannot be renewed or placed on hold. For information about exhibits and events, visit indianahistory.org.
APL offers two 1-day family passes to the Kurt Vonnegut Museum, which includes North American Reciprocal Museum Association benefits. The pass provides free admission for one adult and all youth. The pass can be checked out for three days by an adult APL cardholder but cannot be renewed or placed on hold. For information about exhibits and events, visit vonnegutlibrary.org. The passes can be used for free admission to other North American Reciprocal Museum Association member institutions, such as Minnetrista Museum & Gardens located in Muncie. For a full list of member institutions and more information, visit narmassociation.org.
- Children’s STEM – Designed to use games and puzzles to emphasize STEM skills including science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Children’s Early Literacy – Designed to emphasize the early literacy activities of READ, TALK, PLAY, and WRITE which are essential habits for getting ready to read, as determined by the American Library Association's Every Child Ready to Read program.
- Memory – Designed for customers with dementia and their caregivers
- Healing – Coming Soon! - Designed for teaching children how to cope with life events.
- Activity – Designed to encourage physical activity
- Hobby/Interest – Designed to encourage customers to learn a new hobby or skill
- DIY – You can get the job done with our DIY kits. The tools and equipment in these kits will help you complete do-it-yourself projects at home.
Titles include a variety of types games including:
- Card games
- Children’s games
- Strategy games
- Action games
- Skill games
- Party games
- Educational games
- Lawn Dominos set
- Disc Golf set
- Bocce ball
- Giant Wooden Toppling Tower
- Giant Connect 4
- Ring Toss
- Kubb Viking Class Toss
- Kan Jam