Code of Conduct Policy
Anderson Public Library wants to ensure a safe, orderly, and inviting atmosphere in which all customers can use its materials and services. Library staff will intervene to stop prohibited activities and behaviors that affect others’ use of library facilities. Security cameras assist in this effort.
Shirt, shoes, and appropriate clothing are required for all customers, including children, while in the library building.
The following are examples of behavior prohibited on library property:
- Carrying weapons or facsimile of any kind on library property, except by law enforcement officials
- Verbally or physically threatening or harassing another person
- Excessive displays of affection, obscene gestures, sexual acts, or indecent exposure
- Physically blocking or impeding access to building entrances, doorways, aisles, equipment, stairways, or elevators
- Fighting or challenging to fight, horseplay, running, pushing, grabbing, shoving, or throwing things
- Disruptive noises
- Skateboarding or rollerblading
- Improper use of furniture
- Use of tobacco, alcohol, or illegal substances
The library reserves the right to remove any person whose behavior is disruptive, inappropriate for a library environment, or interferes with the use of the library by others, or whose apparel is deemed inappropriate.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees 2/06. Revised 1/08, 1/09, 3/09, 7/11, 3/21/12, and 2/20/13.