InterLibrary Loan (ILL)(765) 641-2456, or Contact us
Interlibrary loan, or ILL, is a free service offered to Anderson Public Library cardholders. It provides access to the resources of many libraries across the United States. ILL services greatly expand the range of library materials available to library customers.
How it works
- Check our catalog to see if Anderson Public Library owns the material you need.
- If we do not own the particular material you need, request to borrow it through ILL at the Information Desk by calling (765) 641-2456 or fill out the online request form.
- It will take approximately 3 to 4 weeks for the item to arrive at Anderson Public Library. When it does, you will be notified.
- Although it can vary depending upon the materials, most ILL items can be borrowed for three weeks at a time. If renewal is possible, it must be requested three days in advance of the due date.
- Return the item to any Anderson Public Library location by the due date. A late fee of $0.25 will be charged each day the item is overdue.
What May Be Borrowed
- Most books
- Specific articles from periodicals (most articles are free, but the customer may have to pay $2 to $5; the amount is determined by the lending library)
- Government documents
What May Not Be Borrowed
- Best sellers
- Books released in the last six (6) months
- Audiovisual materials (DVDs, music CDs, audiobooks, video games, etc.)
- Titles which Anderson Public Library owns or has ordered, but are not currently on the shelves
- Genealogy books that are in the Indiana Room
Who May Use ILL?
Most Anderson Public Library cardholders in good standing may make an Interlibrary Loan request. PLAC Card borrowers must use their home library for ILL service.
How to Make a Request
Customers may request ILL items at the Information Desk in person, online or by telephone. Customers must present a valid Anderson Public Library card when making requests in person or barcode information if making request via e-mail or telephone. Customers must have no outstanding fees or overdue items. The following information is necessary to process the request: customer's name, address and telephone number.
As much of the following information as possible is also needed:
Books -- author and title; Periodicals -- periodical title, volume number, date, page numbers, author and title of article.
What are the borrowing terms?
Customers may request up to 5 items at one time. Length of borrowing time is generally 3 weeks. Renewals must be requested at least 3 days before the item is due. Renewals are determined by the lending library.
Overdue, Lost or Damaged Items
Customers will be charged 25 cents per item per day for late ILL items. Items more than two weeks overdue are considered lost. Customers will be charged for items they damage or lose as assessed by the lending library.