As part of the 2014 APL Teen Read ‘n’ Feed Festival, the APL TeenScene is sponsoring a writing contest for teens. Write a story, poem, essay, or memoir using at least one of the themes of Courage, Betrayal, Adversity, or Friendship; or write a letter to your favorite author. The winners of each category will be able to read their entry at the Festival, eat lunch with the authors, and win a $25 gift card!
Entry forms may be picked up at the Information Services desk. All entries must adhere to the following rules:
1. Participants must be in grades 6-12 and reside in Madison County.
2. Participants may submit only one entry per category.
3. Each entry must have an entry form attached. Participants should include their names on the entry form only, not on the entry itself.
4. Entries must be printed in black ink, 12pt font, and adhere to the following word count guidelines: Poetry (800 words or fewer), Short Story/Essay/Memoir (500-5,000 words), Letter to an author (1,000 words or fewer).
5. Entries must be library/school appropriate in language and content.
6. Entries must explore at least one of the themes of Courage, Betrayal, Adversity, or Friendship.
7. Entries must be submitted by Monday, March 31, 2014 at close (8:00pm EST) to be considered.
Special thanks to the Madison County Community Foundation and the Friends of the Anderson Public Library for providing funding for the 2014 APL Teen Read ‘n’ Feed Festival.