Anderson Herald-Bulletin Obituary Index, 1998-2012
<-- Return to Special Collections
About the Database
This database indexes the obituaries which appeared in the Anderson Herald-Bulletin from 1998 to 2012. The actual text of the obituaries is not available online, but if you contact the Indiana Room we can provide either a paper copy or a scan of the obituary you want. We charge $1.00 per obituary regardless of how we provide it to you.
Tips for Searching:
- A married woman might be listed as Mrs. John Smith instead of Mary Smith if that was the text used by the newspaper. Try searching Mrs. Smith as well.
- Titles like Dr., Rev., Sgt., etc., will sometimes be part of a name listing. If you know your subject was a doctor, try searching for him as Dr. Smith.
- A baby's obituary may be listed as Infant Smith rather than Billy Smith. Try both.
- Nicknames listed in quotes, Example "Bob"
- Maiden names listed in parentheses, example (Brown)
- Infants who passed at birth or early age in brackets [infant]
||Date of Death